Whole-body health goes well beyond the diet’s essential water, vitamins, and minerals, protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
Digestive Enzymes and Probiotics are Essential, too!
Probiotics are a common supplement for pets and humans with significant advantages for total health. They are the “good bacteria” essential to every animal’s digestive tract and immune system.
Dogs and cats are not born with probiotics; they must be exposed to their mother’s environment to acquire an adequate level of probiotics slowly. They constantly need new sources to maintain optimum levels.
Digestive enzymes are natural substances essential for the breakdown and absorption of protein, fat, and carbohydrates. Many are naturally produced by the pancreas, but levels can be affected by multiple factors such as stress, disease, age, and lifestyle. Assuring optimum levels every day is critical for the complete utilization of nutrients.
Supplementing with digestive enzymes relieves the burden on the pancreas, and foods consumed with digestive enzymes begin the digestive process much earlier, improving digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Improved breakdown, absorption, and utilization of the costly ingredients in a quality pet food, whether it is a dry kibble, wet, or raw recipe. Better value for the pet and the Guardian.
- Better oral health.
- Less gas
- Healthy anal glands.
- Consistent firm stool every day.
- Most are unaware that some 70% of a pet’s immune system is in the gut and that probiotics play an essential role in immunity.
- Puppies and kittens are not born with probiotics. Supplementing early in life enhances their immune system way before nature would do it naturally.
- Senior pets are all-to-often immune-compromised and can benefit greatly from probiotic supplementation.
- Probiotics are part of the pet’s natural microbiome.
- Better health saves money by avoiding costly veterinary visits.
- Encourages a long, happy, and healthy life for all.
“Founded and operated by holistic veterinarian, Dr. Chris Bessent, Herbsmith is committed to developing holistic supplements for dogs and cats that address their most common problems. We believe every dog and cat should live their highest quality life for as long as possible.”
Herbsmith Microflora Plus
- Each capsule contains 10 billion CFU (Colony Forming Units) and three different species of probiotics.
- FOS (Fructooligosaccharides) is a unique prebiotic supplement intended as food for the probiotics so they stay healthy and thrive.
- Contains optimum levels of six different digestive enzymes to help breakdown protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
- Ginger, cinnamon, and licorice help clean and sooth the digestive tract.