- As pets age, their digestive tract becomes less efficient. Highly digestible, protein focused nutrition is especially important for older dogs and cats.
- Supplements become more important. Additional vitamins and minerals become more important to assure optimum levels reach the cells of the body.
- The immune system can struggle with age. Stress can accompany age and challenge the immune system.
- Weight is a critical factor. Excess weight increases stress on the joints and all the organs of the body.
- Quality, specific life-stage nutrition is the most important factor in long-term health. As pets move from puppy to adults and finally to seniors, their nutritional needs can change. Adjusting the diet can make a huge difference to long term health and quality of life.
Learn more about senior pets.